Do I Need Condo Insurance?

If you live in a condo, the short answer is yes. And here is the long answer. While you may not own the building or land, you still need insurance for your unit and any personal belongings you may have. Condo insurance covers accidental injuries to people in your condo, fire damage, and theft of personal belongings. It may even defray the costs of temporary displacement should you need to evacuate your condo. The HOA master policy won’t cover that. Moreover, you may be required to have condo insurance in some instances. 

What HO-6 Can Do For You

A condo insurance policy is also known as an HO-6. If your belongings are stolen or damaged, it can help repair or replace them. If, after buying the condo, you need repairs or renovations to the unit’s walls, ceilings, or floors, an HO-6 policy can help you pay for that. You may want to look into a type of HO-6 known as co-op insurance that covers your personal belongings and additional living expenses if you need to move temporarily after a property loss. It also offers liability protection. If you have a mortgage, this could be a requirement. Even if you don’t, it’s still an excellent idea. You never know when an accident or disaster might happen, leaving you with expenses that must be covered. 

Contact NCIB Group Inc. Serving Chicago, IL

If you live in a condo in Chicago, IL, and want to get it insured, please get in touch with NCIB Group Inc. Our courteous, knowledgeable, and compassionate agents will do all they can to help you get what you need.